BAWK’s Jerk Lamb with Guava Glaze
|· 2.5kg/5lb||Boned leg of lamb or lamb cutlets|
|· 3 tbsp||BAWK’s Jerk Seasoning – (Mild, Hot or Boston Bay)|
|· 1 tsp||Salt or to taste|
|· 1 head||Garlic, unpeeled|
|· 175g/6oz||BAWK’s Guava Jam|
|· 3 tbsp.||White wine vinegar|
|· 1 tsp.||Parsley, chopped|
|· 1 tsp.||Cilantro (Coriander), chopped|
- Rub salt and jerk seasoning into the lamb thoroughly.
- Cover and marinate in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Roll up and tie the leg of lamb in three places to secure. Roast for 45minutes (medium rare) If using cutlets grill for 8-10minutes on both sides.
- Roast the head of garlic for about 45minutes.
- Crush the soft inside of garlic cloves into a saucepan.
- Add all the other ingredients for the sauce and stir.
- Bring to the boil, making sure the guava jelly has melted completely. Simmer and allow to reduce by half.
- Allow the lamb to rest for 10minutes before carving. Slice the lamb and glaze with the warm sauce.
- Serve 8 – 10